ADAM System Software 3.0
Release History and Maintenance Updates
ADAM Technology provides
"Maintenance Updates" free-of-charge to customers with a current
maintenance agreement. Maintenance Updates are issued to address bugs or
problems in the software that our users have encountered. This page summarises
the maintenance updates released for the ADAM System Software (ADAM) since
release 3.0l in October, 1996. Each entry indicates the changes that
have been made to ADAM 3.0 since the previous maintenance release.
- Increased the plate size limit for photo
scanning from 230mm square to 250mm square. This makes it easier to scan 230mm
diapositives as they no longer have to be centred on the plate to reach all
- Added support to OBSERVE and SCANPREP for the
ADAM PROMAP ORTHO System 2's new camera
position. The right plate is now always moved to the right and prevented from
moving in both plate scanning and model scanning modes.
- Fixed crashing problem due to a lack of
memory that occurred when pressing F2 to view the orientation details.
- ADAM System Software 3.0 is now Year 2000
Compliant. Dates stored by earlier versions with 2-digit years are
interpreted by this version as lying between the years 1980 and 2079.
- Added the ability to skip the pre-orientation
step if desired.
- Fixed communications problem encountered when
working with terrestrial models that had resolutions less than 1mm.
- Fixed various communications problems,
including certain buttons being ignored on a PROMAP using a 3D hand control for
digitising and users sometimes having to digitise a fiducial twice while
performing an interior orientation.
- CHK_DATM now works with control points that
have more than 8 characters in their names.
- The READ CONTROL POINTS menu option (which is
in the program PREPARE) now correctly reads control point names that contain
more than 8 characters.
- The orientation log file no longer reports
statistics for fiducials that were deactivated.
- The exterior orientation no longer hangs
after the 5th point is observed when doing very large jobs.
- The screen no longer goes blank when
importing plate coordinate files.
- Corrected the Plot Area Y coordinate in the
- The point counter shown when reading .MAF
files now correctly counts past 32767.
- Improved the relative exterior orientation,
particularly for terrestrial models.
- A warning is now displayed if the exterior
orientation converges on an inverted model (indicated by a negative
- Improved the affine transformation used for
- Improved communications with the ECU.
- Corrected the calibration procedure for the
Delta-Y axes of ASP-2000 stereoplotter.
- Corrected an error in the menu option to
prepare ADAM PROMAP Ortho System for photo scanning.
- Added the AERTRI.MBD file to the kit to allow
AERTRI 2.1 menus to be updated for ADAM 3.0 compatible operation.
- Added a work-around for a Windows NT 4.0
RS232 port timing error which caused ECU communications to fail.
- Added support for some specific orientation
requirements for the ADAM PROMAP Ortho System.
- Added the ADAMSYS and CALLOAD programs, which
were inadvertently omitted from the ADAM 3.0m kit.
- Camera and lens names are now verified
correctly to prevent the user from inadvertently leaving the fields
- Minor errors in the F7 and F8 key operations
have been corrected.
- Corrected a number of problems associated
with creating or updating strips, models, and control points.
- Corrected a number of problems relating to
points disappearing or resetting during exterior orientation observation or
between exterior orientation observation sessions.
- PCO and MCO files no longer output values for
points that have not been observed.
- Camera orientation data is now reported in
the job.LOG file.
- Improved the report on stereoplotter
- Fixed the problem of .JOB files growing to
extraordinary sizes. (Old .JOB files will stay big but will not grow any
- Fixed the problem of occasional corruption of
- Removed the need for the PRINT command, which
is not available under Windows 95 or Windows NT, by using the Windows NOTEPAD
program to Print on these operating systems. On MS-DOS or Windows 3.1, the ADAM
VIEW program will initiate printing.
- Iteration limits are no longer reset between
exterior orientation calculations for terrestrial jobs. The default is also
more reasonable at 100. (Recent releases have also made improvements to
exterior orientations on terrestrial models.)
- Corrected an error (which occurred very
infrequently) in loading asymmetric lens distortions.
- Eliminated timing problems between the ECU
and very fast Pentium PCs.
- Eliminated the problems that followed
attempts to drive beyond the plate range.
- Incorporated a considerable number of other
minor or cosmetic corrections.